Friday, September 5, 2008

Update part I- Military Ball

We just got back from Post, Ft Gordon. We attended a Military (instructors') Ball. This is the first ball that I ever attended here since we got to Georgia. As everyone knew that I had been treated with cancer, and going to a crowded places will make me sick. John being a ---you know, has to go to these functions. There have been few Balls and etc. that he attended without me, though he really wanted me to come with him. However, unfortunately I couldn't. John was so excited that finally I could be able to come to this one. I have been shopping for dress for the ball, but none would fit me and some of the dresses are far beyond our church standard. and gee, evening dresses cost you an arm and leg. I was so glad that none of those dresses fits me and very inappropriate for me. Otherwise, I would feel guilty, and ruin the evening fun because of the costly apparel (nucks!) I am glad that I have a little knowledge about sewing, so John and I went to the craft store and bought me a materials and everything that goes with it including a pattern. Alas! the material does not go with the pattern and it looks terrible. It is not wasted though because I know I can fix it. We had three more days left, and John was a little panic because he really wants me to go plus he kept on saying, " you have to go I already paid $25 for the ticket". Poor thing, he even suggested that we have to buy another one. I objected maybe because he said I am a "kuripot" (stingy). No, I am not stingy, I am frugal. anyway, I dug up my old clothing that I was about to give up long ago, and I found my old dress I wore at college ball. I did some repair and improvement in it. Anyway, it turned out okay.

I knew that we have not updated this blog for almost 2 months now, but I have some few drafts that need to be finished and publish. I or John will try our best to update this.
It has been10 months since we came to Georgia, and John took a Company Command at Ft Gordon. There will be some changes in a month- another Change of Command for him. We are doing fine, and we enjoy every minute of our lives!


John and I at the dinner party (ball)


John with others in his unit (our table)

The Three Commanders and the LTC
The three Commanders: CPT Lind (Alpha); CPT Wilson (Bravo) & CPT Crock (Charlie)
Me and the other wives:
And US!

2 comments:

Lori Wilson said...

Lorena - you look absolutely gorgeous! Good job on fixing up your old dress, you would never know it wasn't brand new. You looked super classy and modest. Thanks for a being a good example.

Nandango said...

Lorena I think you look absolutely fabulous and stunning in that dress!! I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better and are continuing on the road to recovery!