Thursday, May 14, 2009

14 May 2009

As I set hear trying to start this entry I find that I am at a lose for word. When my Lorena started this blog she put at the top of it the lyrics to a song "Got to believe in magic", and as I struggle to write I'm thinking to myself, "where is the magic"? On the fifth of May my sweetheart, Lorena, pass away after a long drawn out battle with gastric cancer. When she died part of me died and when I buried her yesterday, 13 May 2009, part of me was buried with her. Life to me at this present time seems so empty without Lorena. She made my life so wonderful and I can't believe that she is not here with me. So, I ask here is the magic?
I guess the magic is in having been able to share my life with such a wonderful woman like Lorena and in knowing GOD's plan of happiness. I can't write any more at this time because everything is to fresh and painful for me.
More to follow...

4 comments:

Sylwia said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling so sad. we are here for you to help you in any way we can...

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you again and I'm glad you brought Lorena back to Clinton. I've never cried so much for anyone. I will miss her, but I want you to know that you are still in our prayers. Please always consider us a friend and your welcome to our home anytime, because this is your home too. Take care!

Love,
Linda and Doug Pierson

Layne and Lorrie said...

I'm so sorry for all of your sorrow! Everytime I saw you and Lorena I saw magic! The way you and Lorena would look at each other, the way you would gently touch or stroke her and kiss her - even when she could not respond. That's magic! The way she would give her testimony about Heavenly Father's plan and talk about her "good looking" husband :) - that's magic! Lorena's smile is magic! You are in our thoughts and prayers daily!

Winn Family said...

You are in our prayers all the time. Kaden (our five year old) prays for Lorena too, "Please bless Lorena to have a fun time in the Spiritual World, and say hi to Pres. Hinckley" was what was said last night. Lorrie is absolutely right about the magic you two shared, I still smile when I think of the joy I felt around you two, and still feel around you. You're welcome around here anytime!