Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reflection

I would like to thank all of you that have left comments on my last entry. They have raised my spirits. Last night when Jess Winn dropped me off and I had to come into home it felt so lonely and empty. I set and cried for while then I came across a song call "The Test" by Janice Kapp Perry. The words of the song reminded me of the purpose of this life and that this life is in fact a test and this is my test. The next day (today in fact) I walked around my house looking at all of the pictures of Lorena and me remembering the our life we had together and how wonderful it was. I miss Lorena horribly but I know that this separation will only be a sort time and then we will be together again and this brings me happiness and there is the magic. The answer to my lament in the my last entry.

About a week before Lorena passed away I walked into the bedroom and discovered this quite little scene. Both my mother and Lorena were fast asleep and I could not resist taking this photo.

3 comments:

Sylwia said...

johnny

that's a really sweet photo of the two most important women in your life. it made me cry. you must be so sad right now. i can't even imagine...

it's great to have you back, i was looking for you at church last Sunday. Do you need more grieving time, or are you ready to come over to our crazy house for dinner? also josh is going to some UFC thing on sat night. do you want to go?

i don't want to be pushy, i don't even know how i would deal with this. would i sit quietly and cry, or would i hang out with people and laugh and try to move on as quickly as possible? i don't know. there probably isn't a right answer, just a personal preference.

josh and i want to be there for you, i just don't know what is the best thing to say or do. i've never had anyone close to me die. so i'll probably will be making lots of mistakes as your friend, but all my intentions are good. i just want to help.

by the way, i felt very honored that you read my email at the funeral.

sylwia

The Fanning's Ark said...

I've thought a lot about how you would feel going back home without Lorena there. I'm sorry it is so hard, I'm sorry you had to lose your angel. Lorena had a profound impact on my life so I can only imagine how this loss is affecting you. My best friend is now on hospice and I've learned lessons from Lorena that I know will help me with her. Everytime I hear "The Test" it brings things back into perspective. Thanks for giving all of us strength.

Bastianclan said...

Johnny,
You are so strong. I only wish I could have your strength. I had to go online to find the song you were talking about "The Test". It's beautiful and made me cry. I think of all the trials I have and they are nothing compared to what you are dealing with. Yet you are so full of Faith and Love. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me.
You are welcome to come to our house any night for dinner.
You are in our prayers.