Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 5th is John's Birthday

John celebrated his 36th Birthday on Thursday, June 5th. It became a custom in our home to celebrate his birthday with cake and some home cooking though he does not really expect it. The only time that his birthday was neglected in term of "celebration" was when he was deployed in Iraq. Now that he is back home, the tradition continued. A week before his birhtday, I shared a preposition to one of his staffs at work about his birthday, and my plan of throwing a surprise party for him at work. The deal was sealed to keep Captain Wilson in his office at lunch time-and the NCOs committed to stay for lunch and greet their Commander a Happy Birthday. While these arrangement arranged, I was quite apprehensive on how to keep him from the kitchen if I will make any commotion to start preparing the food. I did not want him to discover my mischievous plan in cooking all these food, bake a cake and sneak them in his office unnoticed. I wanted to surprise him and not me been surprised that he would know all the way. Well, on the morning of his birthday, I told him the whole plan-and commanded him not to interfer and just play innocent or just playing deaf on everything I said to him. I was wondering on the strenght that I had that day--in preparing the food for the ARMY. I took the food on time to the Company and some of his soldiers carried them in excited to surprise their Commander. However, they never know that I blew up the bomb, but true to his word, John played innocent. We both guilty. His staffs were so nice. The word traveled to the next company that there were food in the Bravo Commander's office and attacked him singing a Happy Birthday, and of course the reason was "lunch". In the evening, we attended a formal dinner in honoring a retiring SGM. It was our formal date as well. Almost everyone in his work knew that that was his birthday. John loves his work being a Company Commander, and he is loved by his boses as well, the Brigade and the Batallion Commanders. We hope that we will be here on his next birthday-and we hope and pray that he will have more birhtday to come and that I will still be healthy and strong on his birthdays to come. Wish us all good health.

June 5th at a formal party Ft. Gordon-NOT John's B-day party

With one of his boses- A Coronel


...and a LT Coronel who loves him as a son


..with the man of the night- a retiree SGM

..with fellow Captain after presented an award
with the LTC wife- we already knew back in Hawaii- a sweet lady

No comments: