Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trip to Bishop's Storehouse (Cannery) June 19, 2008

For the first time since I was diagnosed with cancer, gone through major surgery in October 2007, completed the lethal cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation-I was able to do hard work at the cannery. I traveled with Ashley, Chad Cooper and Sister Brown in one van driven by Ashley. It was fun and very vigorous job. I myself, is a hardworker; I love to work in the assembly line. When a sister in the ward announced that there will be a trip to the cannery on June 19 to fill up our food storage, I was so excited and signed up to go. My darling husband, Johnny, was so excited for me to go as he felt that I am recovered, and he wants me to enjoy the outdoor activity.The drive took more than an hour to get to the Cannery in South Carolina from Augusta Georgia. I was having fun in the assembly line. I love to work fast to get the work done. Chad Cooper, a member in our ward told me to phase out otherwise I will hurt myself. I forgot that I am still quite fragile on doing any hard activity. When all the products were packed and the area was cleaned up, it was then that I felt so tired and I thought my incession bursted open; my body was a bit shaky and I felt like my esophagus attached to the small intestine broke apart. Sister Brown, a retired nurse told me to sit down. I got better. I spend $109.83 for the goods I purchased-Chad and Ashley loaded our boxes in the van. Gee, the van was weighing down to the ground because of the weight. I had only 6 boxes, but Ashley got the most than all of us. The poor van was grunting and seemed to scream for help to be relieved of the heavy burden laden on him. The road from the Bishop's Storehouse is graveled and we shrunk many times. Ashley who is very outspoken was very quite and tensed and all of a sudden announced that she will sing "I Am a Child Of God" in a minute. We said a prayer before we continue to drive on back to Georgia. Every thud the van made added pressure to our blood circulation. We were worried that the poor van will give in, and we would be a distressed wayfarings. Sister Brown later confessed that she had been praying all the way through-Chad jokingly told her that he thought she was sleeping. Well, it was worth a trip-I had fun and our food storage secured. John and I both love beans.

Getting ready for the fun
a young man, me and Sister Brown finishing up the last batch
Ashley-packing up the products
Sister Brown getting ready for the fun
Chad Cooper






No comments: