Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saturday Morning Disaster


Last Saturday, we both woke up late. Inspite of the fact that we planned the night before that we have to get up early. John said he will wake up at 6am before I ever get up, and mow the the grass in the backyard ,and I, will tidy up the other rooms. We have not really done some arranging and tidying up inside the house since we moved to our new house here in Georgia. Some of of our stuff are still in the boxes and things like that. Anyway, these are the things that we planned to do. However, we woke up late. John was so tired. I hurriedly went to the kitchen to fix up some breakfast. I thought of the left over lasagna in the freezer would be faster-just put in the oven and can start my chore while waiting for the breakfast. The lasagna was so hard as rock of course-I put it in the glass pyrex pan and put it in the portable oven instead. We both very hungry and we could hardly wait for the pasta to heat up-so I had to pry the cut up pieces lasagna once in a while to distribute the heat in the middle to thaw it faster-I did it twice-on the third time of trying, while holding the pan on my left hand while the other hand was prying the pieces with a thong, when I heard something exploded with a crashing sound-I was kind of shocked and it did not registered to my brain what was happening until I saw blood on my wrist-the glass pan exploded on my hand in a thousand pieces. The lasagna stucked on the the oven door (still loooked good though). I had multiple cuts and scratches on my leg and arm. So much for the lasagna and our haste and hunger. John came to a rescue-we both laughed. We cleaned up the broken pieces for an hour to make sure the thinny tiny glass pieces are picked up. This is the other one of our tragedy. Gee, never put the frozen stuff in a glass pan in the oven and pry in.

1 comment:

Lingling said...

hey hope you're okey though! that's crazy! but i learned from you. don't worry, I'm not going to do it! i'm so glad you updated your blog! will call u later about your plan this week :)